Mind over matter, mind over matter. Part of pushing yourself is prioritizing the goal in your mind and ignoring the pain. Mind over matter. This definitely works on the treadmill, but when it comes to getting my body out bed, matter outweighs mind 9 times out of 10.
On the days that I do complete a morning workout, I feel amazing. A recent article in health magazine said that morning workouts burn 20% more fat than gym sessions done later in the day.
Morning workouts to do few things:
- They get a fitness goal done for the day
- They get your circulation going
- They help you burn calories throughout the day
- They set your expectations of yourself higher – so you’re more likely to make good choices throughout the day.
- They get your endorphins going – so you feel better about life.
- They give your bragging rights (but you feel so good about yourself, bragging isn’t even necessary.)
I really, really love morning workouts. Hopefully my love for them will soon soak into my subconscious so that it’s easier to get up and do them..
I need workout inception…