I’ve been saving this for when it is perfect.
Silly me, I should know that playlists are living, breathing, evolving things. I’ll never be done with any playlist, much less my overplayed and overloved workout jams.
A few qualifiers for my playlist:
- No F-words. There’s nothing like an F-word to demotivate me. I’m more like to say “F-that” when I hear them.
- No long-drawn out affairs. Yknow those songs that keep going and going? They make my workout seem like it’s going on forever.
- Get to the beat- fast. Some songs almost make the cut, but their lead-ins are just way too long. I need something to keep me pumped immediately.
So here’s a list of my absolute faves;
- Vivrant Thing – Q-tip
- Fist Pump, Jump, Jump– Yim Yanf Twins
- The Fighter – Gym Class Heroes ft. Ryan Tedder
- Uprising – Muse
- Son of Man (from Tarzan)- Phil Collins
- Run Llama Run (from The Emperor’s New Groove)- John Debney
- I Wanna Dance with Somebody– Whitney Houston
- Run and Tell That (from Hairspray)- Elijah Kelly
- Chariots of Fire- Vangelis
- Nothins Gonna Stand in Our Way (from Transformers the movie)- Spectre General
- Bangarang– Skrillex ft. Sirah
- Titanium– David Guetta ft. Sia
- The Whip– Locksley
- International Love- Pitbull
- Runaway Baby– Bruno Mars
- So Good- B.o.B
- Don’t Stop Till You Get Enough– Michael Jackson